Typhoon Ondoy (international name “Ketsana”) is finally over and it’s now time to start the rebuilding process. Getting up from calamity of this magnitude, is never easy, especially for those who are left with almost nothing and will have to start from scratch.

Fortunately, for those who are members of Pag-IBIG, you can avail of Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Program to help you get started. Below are the Guidelines and Instructions to avail of this program. For more information, please visit www.pagibigfund.gov.ph.

Download Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Application Form (CLAF).

Guidelines and Instructions

A. Who May File

Any Pag-IBIG member who satisfies the following requirements may apply for a calamity loan:

1. The member has made at least 24 monthly contributions.
  2. The monthly net take home pay requirement of government employees shall be subject to the rules and regulations as provided for in the General Appropriations Act (GAA). On the other hand, the monthly net take home pay of employees working with the private sector shall be based on their respective company policies, if there is any.
  3. Members with active Fund membership at the time of application, with commitment from both the employee and employer to continuously remit contributions at least for the term of the loan. The member must have paid at least five (5) monthly contributions for the last six (6) months (See HDMF Citizen’s Charter, August 2009 Issue).
  4. For members who have withdrawn their membership contributions due to membership maturity, the reckoning date of the updated 24 monthly contributions shall be the first monthly contribution following the month the member qualified to withdraw his Pag-IBIG contributions.
  5. For members who have active contributions under both the Pag-IBIG I and Pag-IBIG II, the membership contributions under Pag-IBIG II shall be considered to meet the required 24 monthly contributions.
  6. The member is a resident of the area which is declared under a state of calamity.

B. How to File

The applicant shall:

1. Secure the Pag-IBIG Calamity Loan Application Form (CLAF) from any Pag-IBIG Fund NCR/Provincial branch.
  2. Accomplish 1 copy of the application form.
  3. Attach Certification from the Barangay Chairman that the member is a victim of the calamity together with Sangguniang Bayan Resolution declaring the area in a state of calamity.
  4. Under PACSVAL/PDDTS releasing, attach photocopy of passbook or Automated Teller Machine (ATM) card reflecting the account name and bank account number.
  5. Submit complete application, together with the required documents to any Pag-IBIG Fund NCR/Provincial branch. Processing of loans shall commence only upon submission of complete documents.

C. Loan Features

1. Loan Amount
    The loanable amount shall be 80% of the member’s Total Accumulated Value (TAV). For members with existing MPL, the outstanding loan balance shall be deducted from the proceeds of the calamity loan.
  2. Interest
    The loan shall bear an interest rate of 10.75% p.a. for the duration of the loan.
  3. Manner of Release of Loan
    The loan proceeds shall be released through a check payable to the borrower or shall be credited to the borrower’s bank account through the LANDBANK’s Payroll Credit Systems Validation (PACSVAL) and Philippine Domestic Dollar Transfer System (PDDTS) facilities, and other similar modes of payment.
  4. Availment Period
    The loan shall be availed of within 90 days from the occurrence of the calamity.
  5. Loan Term
    The loan shall be amortized over a period of 24 months with a grace period of 5 months.
  6. Loan Payments
    The loan shall be paid in equal monthly payments thru salary deduction in such amounts as may fully cover the obligation over the loan period. Payments shall commence on the 6th month following the date on the DV/Check.
    Remittances per employer shall be in accordance with the following schedule:
  7. First Character of Employer’s Name Due Date
    A to D 10th to 14th day of the month
    E to L 15th to 19th day of the month
    M to Q 20th to 24th day of the month
    R to Z, and Numeral 25th to end of the month

For Voluntary Members/Individual Payors, payments shall be remitted to the Fund on or before the 15th day of each month, beginning on the 6th month following the date on the DV/Check.

The borrower may fully pay the outstanding balance of the loan prior to loan maturity.

In case of separation from employer, the borrower shall pay directly to any Pag-IBIG Fund office or thru his new employer, after notifying Pag-IBIG Fund of his change of employer.

A penalty of 1/2% of any unpaid amount shall be charged to the borrower for every month of delay.

Penalties shall be computed from the date any payment is due but shall be charged only upon full payment or loan renewal.

However, for member-borrowers paying their calamity loans through automatic salary deduction, no penalty shall be charged against the borrower, if non-payment of the loan is due to the fault of the employer. The corresponding interest, however, shall continue to accrue until full settlement of the loan.

8. Application of Payment
    Payments made after the due date shall be applied according to the following schedule of priorities:
    1. Penalties
    2. Interest
    3. Principal

D. Loan Renewal

Should another calamity occur in the same area, a borrower may renew his calamity loan anytime. The outstanding balance of his existing loan, together with any accrued interests, penalties and charges, shall be deducted from the proceeds of the new loan.

Last Edited: Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Caveat: Subsequent court and administrative rulings, or changes to, or repeal of, laws, rules and regulations may have rendered the whole or part of this article inaccurate or obsolete.
Trackback

30 comments

1. Hi,
    I would just like to ask for the availment of loan for PAG-IBIG, how about if you have an existing salary loan and just starting to pay? Am I considered to avail for the said calamity? the salary loan is different to calamity loan?

Hoping for your reply.

Thanks

2. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    September 30th, 2009 at 05:04 pm

Hi ron,

I assume you are referring to Pag-IBIG multi-purpose loan (or MPL). Yes, you can still avail of the calamity loan even if you have existing MPL. However, the amount you can loan is lesser since the outstanding balance of the MPL will have to be deducted from the proceeds of the calamity loan.

If you are referring to SSS salary loan, the answer is still yes. Salary loan is different from both MPL and calamity loan just mentioned. Availment of SSS salary loan will not affect your eligibility to avail of Pag-ibig loans.

Hope that helps.

3. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 5th, 2009 at 02:09 pm

Sir/Madam:

When I called the PAG-IBIG OFFICE, and ask them kung qualified me sa loan, they’ve said na hindi po daw, kasi ganito po ung case ko, I’m a member, if 24 months ung requirements contribution is I think qualified na po me, kasi nong time nasa gov’t office me more than 2 years me don, after I leave the govt office pumasok naman me sa isang private company sa province and have contributed i think mga almost a year, tapos since nag close ung company, I went back here sa manila and was employed again sa isang private company and only have 3 months contributions. Binaha rin po kami sa may Brangay Rizal Makati City, halos leeg ung tubig, but because kulang raw daw ung contribution ko di me pwede mag loan. Wala po bang consideration ang pag-ibig. Can you help me with my problem.? thanks and more power. .

4. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 5th, 2009 at 02:11 pm

di nga lang po tuloy tuloy ung contribution ko staggard lang po. sana ma consider naman po nila. It’s a calamity.

5. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    October 5th, 2009 at 04:53 pm

Jerome, mahalaga na malaman mo kung bakit hindi ka nag-qualify. Gaya ng nasabi mo, maaring ang dahilan kulang ang total contribution mo, o hindi ito umabot ng 24 na buwan. Walang discretion ang kawani ng Pag-IBIG na mag-grant ng loan kung hindi tumpak ang qualification or kulang ang requirements ng applicant. Gayon man, kung sa tingin mo ay umabot ng 24 na buwan ang total na contribution mo, makabubuting linawin mo ito sa Pag-IBIG.

Ayon sa qualifications na nakasaad sa itaas (ito ay hango sa mismong application form ng Pag-IBIG), walang nakasaad dito na kailangang “continuous” ang contribution. Kung ito ang pagbabasehan, sa aking opinion, ay hindi kailangang tuloy-tuloy ang contribution.

Makabubuting linawin po ninyo ang bagay na ito sa Pag-IBIG.

6. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 5th, 2009 at 05:15 pm

nilinaw ko na po sa kanila ang sabi is, oo umabot ako ng 24 contribution, pero kailangan daw sa bago ko company dapa nakapag hulog po ako ng at least six months, FOR ME TO QULAIFY, wherein hindi naman po naka indicate as long as you are an active member di po ba, kaya po me nag tataka. bakit di ako pwede.? UNG REASON NILA IS DAHIL THREE MONTHS PA LANG PO RAW YONG CONTRIBUTION KO DITO SA BAGO KONG COMPANY. ung policy raw nila is dapat six months na straight contribution dito sa bago kong company

7. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    October 5th, 2009 at 08:12 pm

Salamat Jerome, at nalinaw ang requirement na ito. Ayon sa HDMF Citizen’s Charter, August 2009 Issue, ang mga sumusunod ang requirements para maka-avail ng calamity loan:

For New Loan:

1. With at least twenty-four (24) monthly contributions.
    2. An active member at the time of loan application, with at least five (5) monthly contributions for the last six (6) months.
    3. Member-applicant’s net take home pay shall not fall below the minimum requirement of the General Appropriations Act (GAA) or company policy, whichever is applicable.
    4. A resident of the calamity-stricken area.
    5. If with existing MPL, the outstanding balance, together with any accrued interests, penalties and charges, shall be deducted from the proceeds of the calamity loan.

Sa kaso po ninyo, dahil mayroon pa lamang kayong 3 months na contribution (in the last six months), maari lamang kayong mag-avail pagkatapos ng inyong ikalimang hulog. (Ang calamity loan ay maaring i-avail sa loob ng 90 days from date of calamity.) Samakatuwid, kailangan nyo pang maghintay ng isa o dalawang buwan pa mula ngayon bago kayo maka-loan.

8. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 7th, 2009 at 12:48 pm

Sir ask ko lang wal po bang clamity load ang SSS

9. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    October 7th, 2009 at 02:53 pm

Jerome, I am hearing news that SSS calamity loan is not available as of the mean time. In lieu, SSS is allowing its members to avail of “Early Renewal of Salary Loan”.

Please check this link: click here.

10. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 09:40 am

Sir good day po sa inyo, I just want to clarify one thing, if nakapag contribute na po me ng 5 months sa pag ibig meaning i can already avail the calamity loan. Am I right po ba? so it’s either 5 months not exactly 6 months?

11. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 01:59 pm

Jerome, you’re right.

12. Jerome Escarian Comment:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 02:25 pm

thanks po, kasi by the end of this month, mag reremit ung office namin, so 5 months contribution na po me. so entitled na po ba me sa calamity niyan sir. Am I right po ba? Thank you talaga sir sa tulong and more power

[Reply]

13. hi! ask ko lang po until what time ang pag ibig? diba po ang SSS hangang 8? eh sila po? salamat po

[Reply]

14. sir ask ko lang po gano po katagal ang processing days ng pagibig multi purpose loan? let’s say nareceive ng pagibig monday kelan pwede ifollow up result??

15. Ted Ferrolino Comment:
    February 17th, 2010 at 09:29 am

April, wala akong personal na experience sa pagkuha ng MPL. Pero ayon sa isang source, mula isang araw hanggang 6 na araw daw ang processing time, depende kung “new loan” or “loan renewal”, o kung kailangan pa ng “transfer of records”.

Gayon man, maaring depende sa lugar kung saan ka magpa-file. Mas makabubuting magtanong ka doon mismo sa opisina ng Pag-ibig matapos mong isubmit ang mga requirements.

16. Celch Repique Comment:
    April 22nd, 2010 at 12:03 pm

To whom it may concern,

I’m eligible for salary loan since I’m a member for more than 36 months. I just have one question po. I’m on preventive suspension for 30 days. Can I still apply or process SSS and Pag-Ibig loan to the company where I’m still employed.

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks and more power!!!

Celch

Ted Ferrolino Reply:

If your company normally facilitates the processing of SSS and Pag-Ibig loan of its employees, they should still help you process your loan application even if you are under preventive suspension. Afterall, preventive suspension is only a preventive measure, not a penalty.
    At any rate, in case your employer refused to do so, you can personally file your loan application directly at the nearest SSS and Pag-ibig branches.

[Reply]

17. hi ask ko lang po san po ako pwede mag inquire regarding contributions to know if my previous employers remitted my premiums tnx

18. emmalou patricio Comment:
    August 5th, 2010 at 04:04 pm

hello! ask ko lang po kung paano mag file ng loan para sa renovation loan…. biktima po kami ng bagyong ondoy at hanggang ngayon ay marami pa rin dapat i-renovate sa bahay…meron po akong existing loan na salary pwede ba akong mag file ng housing loan.. at magkano naman ang pwede kong ma-loan.. may almost 10 years na kong membem ng pag-ibig.. hindi pa ko nakakapag loan ng housing loan.. please paki guide naman po ako.. para mapaayos ko na ang bahay namin.. magbabagyo na naman… baka bumigay na ang bahay namin sa MONTALBAN, RIZAL.. thank you…

19. Christine Soriano Comment:
    December 12th, 2010 at 08:01 pm

Hello po! Ask ko lang po…ihave an existing calamity loan and already paid 9 months. Is it possible for me to apply for a MPL?

[Reply]

20. hi,i just lyk to ask if how may i check my remaining balance in my pag ibig calamity loan?and how much is the total amount of my calamity loan i recieved last 2009?

21. Hi,

I would like to ask if I could still avail for a salary loan for Pag-ibig even though I still have existing calamity loan? Is it the same process? whatever remaining balance of my calamity loan will be deducted whatever proceeds for my salary loan?

Thanks,

John

22. charlie solayao Comment:
    August 10th, 2012 at 12:49 am

mula p po 1999 hangang ngaung ta0n 2012 ay nkpghulog aq s pag ibig pero hnd 2loi2loi ung pghulog q at ms2vng lgpas n s 24m0nths cntrbuti0n q ,1 m0nth plang pu aq s new work q at ntmby aq nun ng 8buwan bgo mgka work, hnd po b q pdng mag loan ng salary or calamity load kh8 1st time qng gagawin?

23. What if i dont have the PAG-IBIG card but i am an active member?normabeg

[Reply]

24. gud pm. mam/sir, ask ko lng po kung maari po b ako mka pag loan ng calamity putol putol lng po kc yung cntribution ko?

25. sir/mam;
    since nov 2009 my hulog na po ako sa pag-ibig.i’m assuming na it’s around 27 contributions or more pero just this july 2012 di na ko employed pano ko ma-avail yung calamity loan?

26. mark ramirez Comment:
    December 26th, 2012 at 11:31 am

dear sir/madam.
    have a nice day..ng apply ako ng calamity loan last december 12 at ang schedule ho december 15..bakit hanngang ngayon wla wla s atm ko.pwede tulungan nyo po ako.cagayan de oro branch

[Reply]

27. Hi. Tanong ko lang po kung pwede na ba ko magloan ulit ng MPL kung may existing loan pa ko sa pag ibig na MPL at Calamity, Nakaka 6month na hulog na ko sa calamiy loan at 10 months sa MPL. Ang sabi pag ibig 1yr daw ang grace period ng calamity loan. Clarify ko lang kung tama ba iyon. May nabasa kc ko sa net na 6 month lang pwede na raw mag avail ulit.

28. jerwin catalan Comment:
    September 9th, 2013 at 10:59 am

i would like to know if i can avail calamity loan even im delayed in housing loan?

[Reply]

29. good day, ask kolang kung may possible na violation ang company ko sa hindi pag reremit ng tama ng pag-ibig loan payments ko. This is what happened, after 1 year and 6 months from the first date of my amortization payment my company found out na mali yong remittance amount na binabayad ng third party payroll(my company has a third party company who does our payroll) since mag mamature na ang loan ko within 6 months, my company automatically have raised the amortization to 1400.00 and deducted it from my payroll account without any notice, to fully paid off on or before my loan matures, this mistke have caused me financial difficulties on my other obligations, i have asked for some payment arrangement but my company refused they said its a shared responsibilities and the third party payroll have shoulder all penalties, they told me i should report them that the amortization is incorrect, my point is i did provide them all neccessary and correct information to begin with, i never usually check my payslip. any information would highly appreciated. thanks